Saturday, June 20, 2009

Recommended Summer Reading - Nathan Logan

During May and June, No Tells is featuring "Recommended Summer Reading" selections by No Tell contributors.

Nathan Logan's recommendations:

Yes, Master by Michael Earl Craig (Fence Books, 2006)

A professor of mine lent me Craig's first book, Can You Relax In My House, and I was hooked. This second book is full of animals and anvils. It is full of surprises and strange, compelling imagery. I wasn't "feeling like a turd washed up on the shore of a quiet lake" after I read it the first time. Or on any previous visit to the world of this book.

Warsaw Bikini by Sandra Simonds (Bloof Books, 2009)

I've wanted to dive into this book for a long time and am now finally getting the opportunity. Simonds imagination runs wild in this book and it's a delight to tag along with her in the wilderness.

Isa the Truck Named Isadore by Amanda Nadelberg (Slope Editions, 2006)

This is the perfect book for summer. These poems are full of color, playfulness, and humor. The names may be strange, but I think everyone knows a Zeb.

* * *

Nathan Logan is the author of the chapbook Holly from Muncie (Spooky Girlfriend Press, 2008) and the ebook Dick (PANGUR BAN PARTY, 2009). His writing has appeared in a variety of online journals. He is a MFA candidate at Minnesota State University Moorhead.

No comments: