Saturday, December 3, 2011

Best Poetry Books of 2011 - Joshua Ware

Joshua Ware's selections:

Erik Satie Watusies His Way Into Sound by Jeff Alessandrelli (Ravenna Press)
Satie is Alessandrelli, Alessandrelli is Satie: an interesting character-examination of an historical figure and contemporary poet.

Micrograms by Jorge Carrera Andrade (Wave Books)
Small poems coupled with a manifesto about small poems.

Laked, Fielded, Blanked by Brooklyn Copeland (alice blue books)
A fine little chapbook with poems that remind me of Niedecker; I love Niedecker, so this is a good thing.

Correct Animal by Rebecca Farivar (Octopus Books)
I wrote a review of this book, which can be found here.

Late in the Antenna Fields by Alan Gilbert (Futurepoem)
I wrote a review of this book, which can be found here.

Neveragainland by MC Hyland (Low Brow Press)
I wrote a review of this book, which can be found here.

This Isa Nice Neighborhood by Farid Matuk (Letter Machine Editions)
Technically, this book was published in December of 2010, but it's close enough for me; I wrote a review of this book, which can be found here.

* * *

Joshua Ware lives in Lincoln, NE (if only for a few more days) where he reads books of poetry by fantastic poets. His own book of poetry, Homage to Homage to Homage to Creeley (Furniture Press), was released earlier this year.

No comments: