It's that time again--please spread the news far and wide. We will be considering unpublished poetry manuscripts post-marked between May 1st and June 30th.
"As publishing writers we do not believe in reading fees and will consider all submissions based on the merit of their work and quality of writing. That said, please take the time and consideration to familiarize yourself with our titles before sending us a manuscript. More than simply supporting the press through your purchase, you will be extending us the same respect we have for the submissions we receive."
You can download a PDF of these guidelines at: http://www.blackocean.org/submit/
- Entries must be postmarked between May 1, 2009 and June 30, 2009.
- A self-addressed stamped postcard is necessary if you’d like notification of receipt of your manuscript.
- Poetry manuscripts should be 48 to 100 pages, single-spaced and printed on one side of an 8-1/2" x 11" or A4 page only.
- We are not accepting unsolicited prose manuscripts at this time.
- Please include an acknowledgments page listing previous publications.
- Also, please include a cover letter with a brief biographical note.
- Contain pages in a plain manila folder or bind manuscript with a secure clip. Please do not bind manuscript in a notebook.
- Handwritten manuscripts are not accepted.
- Manuscripts will not be returned, so please do not send your only copy.
- Manuscript revisions are not permitted during the open reading.
- Only one manuscript submission per genre please.
Send submissions to:
Carrie Olivia Adams, Poetry Editor
1332 N Wolcott #3
Chicago, IL 60622
Find our aesthetic at